KANSAS CITY, Kan. – Five people have been convicted of robbing a cell phone store at Legends Outlets and tying up employees and customers inside.
- Mario Lambert, 39, Rockford, Illinois — Sentenced to 5 years in prison
- Sir Love, 36, Knoxville, Tennessee — Sentenced to almost 3 years in prison
- Domonique Walker, 20, Rockford, Illinois — Sentenced to 12 years in prison
- Sharod Pitts, 40, Chicago — Sentenced to more than 8 years in prison
- Terry Curtis, 38, Rockford, Illinois — Sentenced to 6 years in prison
Court documents show Lambert, Love, Walker and Pitts entered a Verizon store on Village West Parkway in September 2016. The men locked the doors and used firearms to force employees and customers into the back of the store.
Documents show the men forced customers and employees to sit on the floor and used restraints to secure their hands behind their backs. Then the thieves threatened an employee with a gun and forced him to open a safe.
Prosecutors said the men took cash and merchandise before leaving the store. Curtis was waiting outside the store and drove the getaway car.
Walker, Curtis, Lambert and Love each pleaded guilty to one count of robbery. Pitts pleaded guilty to theft and a related firearms charge.
📲 Download the FOX4 News app to stay informed on the go.
📧 Sign up for FOX4 email alerts to get the latest news delivered to your inbox.
💻 Find today’s top stories at fox4kc.com for Kansas City and all of Kansas and Missouri.
Suggest a fix