An Evansville man accused of stealing customers’ private photos and videos while working at a cell phone store on First Avenue has pleaded guilty to dozens of sex offenses.
On Tuesday morning, Cameron Wynne, 26, of Evansville, pleaded guilty to 39 separate sexual offenses, according to the Vanderburgh County District Attorney’s Office.
Wynne pleaded guilty to:
- Attempted Sexual Battery – Crime Level 6
- 6 Counts of Sexual Battery – Felony Level 6
- 5 counts of public indecency – Class A misdemeanor
- 15 counts of public voyeurism – Class A misdemeanor
- 7 counts of conversion – class A misdemeanor
- 4 counts of battery – class B misdemeanor
- 2 counts of battery per bodily waste – misdemeanor class B
Wynne was originally arrested in July after police said he was filmed exposing himself to a customer while working as a contractor at the AT&T store on First Avenue.
When authorities later searched Wynne’s phone, they said they found numerous nude photos and videos he had stolen from shoppers, in addition to photos and videos he had taken himself. at different places in the city.
The prosecutor’s office says Wynne will be sentenced to seven years, with the first five years served at the Indiana Department of Corrections followed by a two-year suspended sentence.